Friday, September 23, 2011

Thing #7 Skype

I am ashamed to say I am just finishing #7, Skype.  I hope to follow through with at least 5 more things before we get to #23!
I only used the IM on Skype, but it was fun and I plan to use it from my home computer as a way to keep in contact with family members in other states. I contacted a co worker as well as a former student assistant in Alabama. I'm sure this is also being used for our military to visually be able to see and talk to spouses, and family, making contact more personal than mail.
Skype could be used as a way to reach employees out of town, and offer meetings as well.  The library could also contact other libraries and institutions in a more personal manner and keep up with the trends more efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment